Friday, October 12, 2018


Oct. 3, 2018
Crock Spot – A journey to opening the restaurant.

               Hello fellow Crock Stars.  You’ll notice a number of changes coming up to our website and our company.  It’s been an incredible journey.  Let me give you a brief history of my experience with Crock Spot.
               
               Rewind to 8 years ago.  I met Steve and Mandy (the owners) in my condo complex in the Denver Tech Center.  I had just returned from a military deployment and was attending Law School at the University of Denver.  Steve and Mandy welcomed me when I moved in and we all quickly became friends.  After I had become settled they both invited me over.  They had this great idea for a new restaurant. 
               
               They would focus their cuisine around gourmet comfort food.  They would specialize in slow cooked food from a crock pot, items that would take a long time to make.  Customers would be served food that would have taken them hours to cook at home, with sauces that I can only describe as inspired.  We had a tasting in their tech center condo.  I was hooked.  The food was incredible.
               
               Steve and Mandy decided to take a risk, they put everything they had into founding a food truck, and Crock Spot was born.  I continued to discuss the business with them as I completed law school and finished my military obligation.  Eventually I returned to Colorado to find Crock Spot as a successful food truck enterprise.  They had created some of the best food I’ve ever had, truly inspirational.
               
               Fast forward to today, Crock Spot is currently expanding operations and I’m proud to be working with them.  I’ve found myself learning all new cooking skills as I work in the kitchen along side of Steve.  I’ve learned about how rewarding (and complicated) wedding catering can be as I’ve worked along side of Mandy.  (Brides if you need someone who will understand your wedding, reach out to this woman, she gets it.)  I’ve gotten to meet a ton of awesome customers and had the privilege of working alongside some of the most talented individuals as we served great meals (Pete, Miguel, Brian, Geoff).  Everyone has a passion for their job, and it creates a fun working atmosphere.  I’m looking forward to our expansion as we get to bring on more talent soon.

   Crock Spot isn’t just a job, it’s a culture.  Steve and Mandy have both emphasized the value we place on every customer, every employee, every meal served.  As we continue our expansion throughout Colorado, and from Food Trucks to standing restaurants, we look forward to your patronage.  Please continue to check out the website and Face Book page for continued updates and we look forward to serving you.

Fun Fact:
An interesting fact regarding Crock Spot is that everyone working here is well traveled throughout the world.  If you’re at the truck, don’t hesitate to ask any of us about our favorite country, each one will give you a different answer.  The experience has been both revealing and exceptional.

Steve B (the other Steve)

No comments:

Post a Comment